Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Computer Use Changes Over Time

The way I use computers has definitely changed over time. Several years ago, I only used computers for the word processing capabilities. I also remember when I was first introduced to the internet and we all had dial-up that seemed to take forever but had first introduced us to email. At the time, since things were so slow, I couldn't possibly have fathomed how far how fast things would go. I remember when I was in high school, I would sit at the computer on the phone with my friend, sending emails back and forth. We would let each other know when we got them and marvel at the amount of time it took to receive it.

As time progressed, I began to use my computer even more. It began to shape and simplify my life. I now can't go for an entire day without internet. I use it for a wide range of tasks from checking email, keeping in touch with friends, finding information, shopping, organizing my life, listening to music, watching movies....and the list goes on.

For my computer use, I have no idea what the future holds. I can say that I will use my computer more than I use it now in the areas that I already use it in. Things will be faster, more advanced, and the computer will do more of the work for me. As for the the stuff of what we see in sci-fi, I look forward to what 2013 may be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment